Calculate a SHA or MD5, or an HMAC with SHA or MD5
- The hex and base64 results shown by this page are different encodings that represent the same value.
- If you specify a key for HMAC, the key is used only for HMAC calculation, and never leaves your browser.
- Here are a few test cases:
- Just a reminder, base64-encoded values are case sensitive. Hex-encoded results are not. This is characteristic of the encodings, not special to this page, or to hash functions or HMACs.
- For message content, Whitespace in the content is significant. Line-breaks will be converted to newline (\n). It's not possible to paste in a carriage-return (CR), because this page strips them. Trailing newlines will not be stripped. And remember, the sha256 for 'abc\n' is completely different from the sha256 for 'abc'.
- Unicode is ok. The calculator will encode the string as UTF-8 bytes before computing the checksum. UTF-8 ought to be good enough for anybody. :)